What are VibeFlow Yoga’s re-opening procedures as they relate to the COVID-19 pandemic?
We have taken the following measures to comply with the safety guidelines released by the state and local government. These are subject to change as the guidelines change.
Class sizes reduced – there will be a maximum of 8 per class to allow for proper social distancing.
- Class Registration will be the same – on the app, website, or calling into the studio. There will be no walk-ins so please sign up in advance.
- An additional Liability Waiver will need to be signed prior to taking your first class. The form will be emailed to you when you sign up for class.
- Lockers will not be available so leave all personal belongings in your car. Please only bring with you what you will need for class.
- There will be no towels, mat rentals, or shared use of blocks and straps, so please bring any accessories that you may need for class.
- Upon entry into the studio, a staff member will take your temperature and ask you a few screening questions prior to class. We will have a log of this process. If your temperature is above 100 degrees, you will not be able to enter the studio.
- A second staff member will then pump hand sanitizer into your hands and spray the bottoms of your shows with a sanitizing spray.
- While outside of the studio, you will need to have a face covering on and properly social distance from other members.
- Designated plates will be used to adhere to social distancing guidelines. You will not be able to choose your plate during this time. A sanitized headset will be at your plate waiting for you. You will have access to wipes should you want to further wipe down your headset.
- One person will be let into the studio room at a time and after class, one person will leave at a time.
- Since lockers will not be in use, there should not be a long wait to enter or leave class.
- A face covering must be worn as you enter the studio and at all times in the lobby area.
- All foot traffic in the studio will be in a clockwise manner.
- Once you are in the studio room, it is your option to remove your face covering as long as you are adhering to social distance.
- The instructors will be wearing masks with goggles and/or a face shield throughout the class.
- There will be no hands-on assists.
- Staff members in the lobby will be wearing face coverings and gloves during the check-in process.
- For any transactions that need to be done in the studio, there will be a protective Plexiglas shield at the computer workstations.
- Because our shower is a single stall, we are approved to offer the use of it to our members. Please bring your own towel and hairdryer. Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are provided.
- The shower will be sanitized after every use.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized multiple times per day with a cleaning log displayed.
- All cleaning and disinfecting guidelines will be met to provide a safe space for our members.
- There will be multiple hand sanitizers available to you throughout the studio.
What is VibeFlow Yoga?
VibeFlow Yoga is a revolutionary Yoga concept that combines traditional yoga practice with whole body vibration and a unique audio immersion system. It is unlike any yoga experience you have had before!
How is VFY different?
VibeFlow Yoga is different in that 20 minutes of the 50 minute class is practiced with the vibration plates turned on to a frequency that is appropriate for the level of practice. The combination of Whole Body Vibration Technology and individual audio headsets provide for an energizing and intimate experience.
Can I still do other types of fitness activities if I do VFY?
Absolutely! VibeFlow Yoga is an excellent complement to other types of exercise. In fact, doing VFY can improve your strength and performance in other sports and activities.
When is it available?
The first VibeFlow Yoga studio opened on July 27, 2019 in Del Mar, CA
Where is it available?
In the One Paseo Shopping Center
Who is it for?
Almost everyone! There are few medical conditions that are not recommended to interact with Whole Body Vibration Technology, however VibeFlow Yoga offers tremendous benefits for the vast majority of people looking to improve mobility, balance, focus, strength, and sculpt and tone their body.
What is Whole Body Vibration Technology (WBVT)?
WBVT in generic terms is when vibration of any frequency are transferred to the human body. The plates that are used at VibeFlow Yoga utilize vertical vibration and stimulate various processes in the body. Our muscles are forced to contract 40% more than they normally would which makes us stronger and improves our balance.
Where is WBVT used outside of fitness?
WBVT is used in sports performance facilities and physical therapy clinics worldwide. Space programs use WBVT to help astronauts maintain and improve bone density.
How often should I go to VFY?
VFY is safe to do daily or as a complement to your other fitness activities. Our studio staff can make recommendations for you based on your individual goals.
What are the contraindications to doing VFY?
- acute thrombosis
- serious cardiovascular disease
- recent wounds from an accident or surgery
- hip and knee implants
- acute hernia, discopathy, spondylolysis
- severe diabetes
- recent infections
- severe migraine
- recently placed intrauterine devices, metal pins or plates
- kidney stones
- organ failure
- clinical conditions in which WBV is not indicated.
What is the difference between traditional Yoga vs VFY?
With the adoption of whole body vibration technology and semi-noise canceling headphones we have created a yoga practice that will revolutionize the practice and revitalize the experience, with benefits that are typically linked to interval training, increased strength and muscle tone.
What “style” of traditional yoga does VFY encompass?
Depending on the class level, you will be taking a power Hatha or Vinyasa flow.
Is this hot yoga?
Our rooms are heated to 80 degrees, but the Vibration Plates also warm up the body so you will feel increased heat as your plate frequency increases. This allows for a greater stretch and deeper pose.